Die Restaurierung der jüdischen Leichenhalle in Allenstein von Erich Mendelsohn hat weitere Fortschritte gemacht
The Bet Tahara building is a former pre-burial house located by the Jewish cemetery inOlsztyn. The building was designed by Erich Mendelsohn, one of the most important architects of the 20th century, and erected between 1911 and 1913. The world famous architect designed it for the local Jewish community. The building belongs to the Foundation for the Preservation of Jewish Heritage inPolandand was made available to the „Borussia“ Foundation. The latter is carrying out a project of revitalization of the building and of giving it a new function as theCenterofIntercultural Dialogue „MENDELSOHN’S HOUSE“.
Weitere Ausführungen zu Erich Mendelsohn und diesem Gebäude siehe hier
(The Foundation for the Preservation of Jewish Heritage in Poland , 8. 12., 2011)